List:       freebsd-ports
Subject:    Nice Math packages that should be in the ports tree
From:       "=?iso-8859-1?q?Pedro=20F.=20Giffuni?=" <giffunip () yahoo ! com>
Date:       2003-01-19 2:53:48

Hi;

In order to build CalculiX (http://www.calculix.de/) I
need two math packages:

sparse linear equation solver:
http://netlib.bell-labs.com/netlib/linalg/spooles/spooles.2.2.html

eigenvalue solver
http://www.caam.rice.edu/software/ARPACK/

CalculiX looks very impressive, and the math packages
are interesting on their own, but I'm not really
porting all this stuff myself because the ports system
on my FreeBSD 2.2.8 is very outdated (YEAH..I know..).

cheers,

    Pedro.

=====
---
     Pedro F. Giffuni
     M.SC. Industrial   Eng. University of Pittsburgh
     Mech. Eng.      Universidad Nacional de Colombia
---
Yahoo is powered by FreeBSD    http://www.FreeBSD.org/