List:       freebsd-ports
Subject:    Results of ports freeze (Good news!)
From:       Kris Kennaway <kris () obsecurity ! org>
Date:       2003-01-11 0:24:48

The results of the RELENG_5_0_0 package builds are in, and everyone
who committed or contributed fixes can give themselves a big pat on
the back: the final build tally on i386 is 6616 packages, with 481
build failures.  By comparison, on the last 4.x run about 6750
packages built, so this is very good indeed.

At the start of the ports freeze I announced a target of 500 failures
(we were up around 1200) -- and to be honest I didn't think we'd make
it -- so as far as I'm concerned the ports freeze has been a huge
success!

A very big thankyou to everyone who helped out!

Kris