List:       freebsd-ports
Subject:    Re: Silly question regarding python
From:       AlanE <alane () geeksrus ! net>
Date:       2003-01-03 21:07:05

On Fri, Jan 03, 2003 at 09:39:35PM +0100, Gerhard H?ring wrote:
>> Ewww. This is beyond my scope as maintainer, I'm afraid.
>
>So let me help you :-)
>
>You can build Python as a shared library in pre-2.3 versions (I didn't
>try this on FreeBSD yet, though).
>
>All you need to do is read the FAQ, especially item 3.30:

I think that zorp needs to learn to get along with the static lib, or
wait for python 2.3.

I'm not inclined to change the python 2.2 port just because of another
piece of software that isn't even a port yet.

--
AlanE (Alan Eldridge), who likes fixing weird distributed systems bugs.
Unix/C(++) IT Pro for 20 yrs, desperately seeking employment in NYC.