List:       freebsd-ports
Subject:    Re: Silly question regarding python
From:       AlanE <alane () geeksrus ! net>
Date:       2003-01-03 18:16:52

On Fri, Jan 03, 2003 at 07:14:00PM +0100, Attila Nagy wrote:
>Hello,
>
>Sorry for abusing you directly, but I can't find the answer anywhere...
'
Not a problem. I can't fully address it now, but I wanted to correct
one thing while I thought of it ...

>I don't see libpython2.2 in ldconfig -r...
>In the above directory there is a libpython2.2.a file, which I suppose an
>a.out file. I tried with COMPAT_AOUT too, and included the above path in

No. It is an elf static library. That's the one your configure script is
looking at.

I'll get back to this later (in a day or two).

--
AlanE (Alan Eldridge), who likes fixing weird distributed systems bugs.
Unix/C(++) IT Pro for 20 yrs, desperately seeking employment in NYC.