List:       freebsd-ports
Subject:    Re: elm:Folder is corrupt!!  I can't read it!!
From:       "John Capo" <jc () irbs ! com>
Date:       1996-02-25 20:01:59

Boyd R. Faulkner writes:

> Folder is corrupt!!  I can't read it!!
>
> I often get this message using elm.  elm then exits.  I assume I am trying to
> read the file while it is being updated by procmail.  I can establish dot
> locking from procmail but trying to set elm to do dot locking seems to
> mail the file unreadable.

Elm only locks folders that it thinks are a SPOOL folder.  My guess
is that you are letting procmail deliver to other folders and
reading them at the same time with elm.

Look at get_folder_type() in src/newmbox.c. I added return(SPOOL);
around line 357 so elm will think everything is a SPOOL file and
lock it properly.

John Capo                                                   jc@irbs.com
IRBS Engineering                       High performance FreeBSD systems
(305) 792-9551                      Internet Consulting - ISP Solutions