List:       freebsd-pf
Subject:    Closed subject "PF & BLOCK MP3 (AVI)"
From:       "alex-bsd" <alex-bsd () yandex ! ru>
Date:       2005-07-20 22:04:15

Hi Daniel & Jeremie

I have already closed this theme last week!
Just answered on the yesterday's message.
I enough for a long time use PF and squid and in general I cope with blocking of that \
that I want.

If developers consider that this functionality will negatively affect reliability and \
safety it is better to them to know!

To me constantly speak that there are many ways to bypass these interdictions!
I WITH DO NOT ARGUE!!!!
Certainly under an interdiction on a word mp3 (or any another) can blocked a \
"innocent" site.

BSD much more conservative OS, than Linux I too do not argue.
Far not always innovations in Linux affects positively reliability and stability of \
this OS. Certainly I choose reliability and stability for this reason I use BSD.
I did not use and I do not plan to use LINUX.

> While Linux used to have everything and most crazy things available as
> kernel patches spread all over the web, BSD used to implement only
> neat and efficient solutions.  The NetFilter ``string'' match is not
> what we can call a neat and efficient solution (see above).

This stupid  idea use in very popular OS, and  normal works, my friends did not \
complain of problems.

I suggest to close this theme at last.

P.S.

> Finally, to emphasize the fact that you don't know what you are talking
> about, filtering on the internal interface won't change things for
> two reasons :

I badly know English language as could not formulate a question precisely.(The sense \
is often deformed while translating)

Good luck in development of the necessary functionalities