List:       freebsd-newbies
Subject:    (Fwd) sendmail panic - new install: REPOST
From:       "bill" <bill () TechServSys ! com>
Date:       2002-08-23 21:25:52

sorry for the quick repost, but I am in a small and modest panic as I need to
get this system up and running before Monday when bad things happen.

From:           	bill <bill@TechServSys.com>
To:             	freeBSD-Questions <questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:        	sendmail panic - new install
Date sent:      	Fri, 23 Aug 2002 12:06:44 -0400

I just installed 4.6.2-RELEASE and am trying to use sendmail to send mail
generated in a cgi program.

I put sendmail_enable="NO" into /etc/rc.conf
sometime later, after a reboot for unrelated reasons I tried out the web page
that submits the email via a perl program that invokes sendmail.

the console said:
Aug 23 11:37:24 serve/TechServSys sendmail[184]: g7NFbMPx000184:
Losing ./qfg7NFbMPx000184: savemail panic
Aug 23 11:37:24 serve/TechServSys sendmail[184]: g7NFbMPx000184:
SYSERR(www): savemail: cannot save rejected email anywhere

so something is obviously wrong or not yet done on configuring sendmail.

(I figure when I can see the rejected email that I will have a clue as to why the
cgi is not working)

thoughts/suggestions/help is appreciated
-bill-