List:       freebsd-newbies
Subject:    Re: Videoeditors...
From:       Christopher Johnson <cjohnson () wcug ! wwu ! edu>
Date:       2000-09-20 22:06:07

On Sun, 17 Sep 2000, Heiko Recktenwald wrote:

> The mysteries of the Linuxemulation. Has anybody ever got Broadecast2000
> running ? I did brandelf -t Linux the binary etc, no chance, illegal
> instructions, before it opens. Same with mainactor (of
> www.mainconcept.de), it opens, but when I try to insert an avi, peng...
> Is there any way to learn to understand how this linux emulation works ?
> Where the limits are ? Hmmmmmmmmmm.......
>
> H.

I'd love if Broadcast 2000 were to work on FreeBSD, but my roommate needs
the DV support for his camcorder which is very closely tied to the linux
firewire drivers.

I've installed it on a RedHat 6.2 box with 2.2.16 with 3 different patches
and it still gives that "illegal instructions" message.  I'm trying to
compile it from source right now, but the makefile is just atrocious and
RedHat doesn't include the X headers or imake by default.  I'll send you a
note if I can get it working.

Chris Johnson
cjohnson@wcug.wwu.edu
WCUG: lather, rinse, repeat.