List:       freebsd-newbies
Subject:    Re: VESA support
From:       Giorgos Keramidas <keramida () ceid ! upatras ! gr>
Date:       2000-06-29 22:43:58

On Wed, Jun 28, 2000 at 08:38:55PM -0500, Jonel Rienton wrote:
> hi, could someone please help me with setting up the VESA support for my
> video card. I was trying to look for documentations, and i'm having no
> luck, thanks.

You need to recompile your kernel and include the proper option for this to
work properly.  In my 3.4-STABLE configuration file this is done by adding:

	options		VESA

and then running the usual 'config -r HADES ; cd ../../compile ; ...' stuff.

Oh, and please, the next time you want to ask something about BSD, it's
probably better to post your question in freebsd-questions.  It's not that
if someone who can help you will not do it, if you post on this list, but
that other list was made specifically for this thing, and a lot of the
knowledgable people that are subscribed to that list might not see your
question if you post it here :-)

Ciao.

--
Giorgos Keramidas < keramida @ ceid . upatras . gr >