List:       freebsd-net
Subject:    Re: Status of the netatalk stack
From:       "C. Stephen Gunn" <csg () dustdevil ! waterspout ! com>
Date:       1999-12-25 1:27:01

On Thu, Dec 16, 1999 at 01:05:36PM -0800, Julian Elischer wrote:

> the kernel code for appletalk is 'out of date' but it is also
> somewhat modified..
>
> If you want to work with it, let me know and I can help as I did the
> original integration into our tree,

I'm deflecting some of the discussion to -NET....

Why don't we look at imporintg the _REAL_ AppleTalk stack that
Apple has published under the ASPL.  I believe that it's definitely
legitimate for inclusion.  If we picked up the libcAT bits as well,
could more easily port AppleTalk code from the Mac to *BSD.

I'm not up to the task of doing an import/patchkit right now, but
I'm ripe for testing.

 - Steve