List:       freebsd-net
Subject:    FTP authentication is slow...
From:       "Derek Jewett" <djewett () snowcrest ! net>
Date:       1999-09-23 15:10:59

Running 3.1-R I am still getting a strange dilema every once in a while... Happened \
last night; When a user hits my FBSD box to do an ftp session the machine takes like \
some three or four minutes to authenticate the user.. The same thing happens when you \
try to do a telnet session as well.. and then after some time passes the problem goes \
away and it operates as normal. This box is mission critical as daily and nightly \
file transfers happen on a normal basis.. Anyone got any ideas as to what may be \
causing these mystry slow downs..?