List:       freebsd-net
Subject:    Re: Xwindows sessions from Windoze95?
From:       Bill <bill () wagill ! com>
Date:       1998-09-15 6:08:11

I use Starnet Communication's X-Win32, and have liked it a lot, both in
the sense of features as well as admin set-up.  It sells for $200 (last I
checked), and you can download a fully-functional demo that will shut
itself down after 2 hours of continuous use (but you can restart it again
and again, and has no expiration date).

X-Win32 will allow you to run your X sessions in a root window, or in
multiple client windows, or in both; the latter being a very nifty
feature.

I played with many X Windows servers for Windows 95, both expensive as
well as shareware, including Xceed, and found X-Win32 to be the most
stable, and the one that was able to properly display the most X apps and
window managers.

Check them out at www.starnet.com.

- Bill.