List:       freebsd-net
Subject:    HyperV socket review and AF_HYPERV socket number
From:       Wei Hu via freebsd-net <freebsd-net () freebsd ! org>
Date:       2020-04-17 12:46:12

Hello,

I'd like to invite you to review the FreeBSD implementation of HyperV socket support. \
The review is at https://reviews.freebsd.org/D24061.

In particular, I'd like to ask if it is ok to choose socket number 43 for AF_HYPERV \
type. There are such comments in sys/socket.h:

/*
 * When allocating a new AF_ constant, please only allocate
 * even numbered constants for FreeBSD until 134 as odd numbered AF_
 * constants 39-133 are now reserved for vendors.
*/

I am not sure if Microsoft is qualified as vendor or not. Socket number 43 is a good \
number for this type since it is the same as Linux.

Please send your comments directly to me as I am not a subscriber of this alias.

Thanks,
Wei