List:       freebsd-net
Subject:    Strange issue with scp performance
From:       Achilleas Mantzios <achill () matrix ! gatewaynet ! com>
Date:       2016-09-28 10:26:16

Hello list,

We have a weird situation here. We just made a clone of a virtual image running Linux \
and sent it over to some could provider. The problem is that the scp performance to \
*many* hosts in our office  center has worsened considerably, including one freebsd \
box.

In this freebsd box I run also a jail, and a linux ubuntu image with bhyve. The crazy \
thing here is that :

1) scp from the original (local office center) linux image to the host FreeBSD, its \
jailed FreeBSD and its bhyve linux is 2.7 MB/s 2) scp from the cloud linux image to \
the host FreeBSD is slow (~300KB/s) 3) scp from the cloud linux image to the above \
FreeBSD's jail is slow(~300KB/s) 4) scp from the cloud linux image to the above \
FreeBSD's bhyve ubuntu is fast(~1->1.5MB/s)

What can cause this behavior?

PS
Please answer to me directly as I am not subscribed to -net.
Thanks a lot for any ideas.

--
Achilleas Mantzios
IT DEV Lead