List:       freebsd-net
Subject:    Network booting with WOL-Packet
From:       Simon Kainz <k () inz ! info>
Date:       2004-08-20 12:16:17

Hello !

I do have a sucessfully working setup with 2 diskless cliens booting via
  a rom-o-matic eprommed bootloader. The whole thing works perfectly:
DHCP server supplies IP address, kernel and root path. But the root lies
on another server, so is there a possibility to wake the other server
via WOL ??

Should this be done from the EEPROM-Bootloader, oder should I hack up my
kernel.. Or hast this been done alread (I hope ;-))

Thanks, Simon.