List:       freebsd-net
Subject:    Re: SCTP
From:       Randall Stewart <randall () stewart ! chicago ! il ! us>
Date:       2001-12-21 21:12:34

Romain Berrendonner wrote:

> Le 2001-12-21 09:36 UTC-0600, Randall Stewart a ecrit:
> >
> > Yes, we are very very close... currently I am looking at
> > some final testing of a few features and then we have
> > a decision to make... your input would be nice ...
> >

> I hope I'll have some more time to take a look at this while
> on vacation. Is there any testbed somewhere on the internet ?

I believe you can test (with pre-arrangment) with some folks
at the University of Essen. We also are trying to get together
a 4th bake-off at Connect-a-thon as well as a fifth in June
at the U-of-Essen in Germany.

I can also (if you have an implementation) test with you as
long as you can talk IPv6.

> > 1) We have the UDP model mostly completed
> > (draft-ietf-tsvwg-sctpsocket-02.txt) and
> >    have just begun the work on the TCP model (note I say mostly because
> > we
> >    do have a few minor tweaks to do before we can be 100% there).
> >
> > 2) We are thinking we will need about an additional month or two to get
> >    the TCP model in as well.
>
> I believed that SCTP was a protocol on its own, aside TCP an UDP.
> Do you mean you are implementing the semantics of SCTP over UDP or TCP ?
> Anyway, I also have to look at the I-D.

The I-D allows either a TCP or UDP flavor interface. We started with
implementing the UDP flavor but will support both interfaces
when we are finished..

> Regards, -romain
> --
>  Romain Berrendonner                             romain@cuivre.fr.eu.org
>  PGP Key fingerprint: 9416 A340 5934 388F FC44  34C2 AD80 555E 9CBE D8CB

Randall R. Stewart
randall@stewart.chicago.il.us 815-342-5222 (cell phone)