List:       freebsd-multimedia
Subject:    Re: how play dvd / vcd
From:       "Andrey V. Elsukov" <bu7cher () yandex ! ru>
Date:       2007-08-28 9:32:46

Alexander Leidinger wrote:
>> well, again, how do i load alcohol images created from windows xp esp
>> movies?
>
> I don't know what kind of images alcohol creates, but if they are just
> plain 1:1 copies, then you just need to point you player to the file.

First of you can try to mount your images via a memory disk.
See mdconfig(8) and the following example:
http://www.freebsd.org/doc/en_US.ISO8859-1/books/handbook/disks-virtual.html#AEN25376
(of course, you should use "mount -t cd9660 /dev/md0 /cdrom")

Also you can convert mdf images to iso. (try mdf2iso in ports/sysutils).

--
WBR, Andrey V. Elsukov