List:       freebsd-mips
Subject:    No serial read access on WR1043ND v2.1
From:       Michael Iline via freebsd-mips <freebsd-mips () freebsd ! org>
Date:       2015-11-30 22:40:11

Hello everyone.
I've been working hard on trying to get FreeBSD on my wr1043nd v2.1 but I'm having a \
lot of trouble that nobody else seemed to encounter... Here is a forum post that I \
created on the topic:https://forum.openwrt.org/viewtopic.php?id=61240It contains a \
brief description of the issue as well as some photos of my board. There are two \
reasons I'm posting on this list.First, I'm hoping someone can provide some insight \
on my problem.Second, maybe I can find a workaround. Viper-7 from ##electronics at \
freenode suggested that other methods of flashing the image may be used, since I do \
have an working OpenWRT installation. He recommended this: \
https://wiki.openwrt.org/toh/tp-link/tl-wr1043nd#flashingrecovery_using_tftp_only_without_serial_consoleI'd \
like to hear some thoughts before I go ahead and do this, as because of my serial \
writing issues bricking the device would be extra painful for me. Please let me know \
of someone can provide some assistance, and be sure to tell me if you need any more \
info. Thanks in advanceMichael