List:       freebsd-java
Subject:    Problems with rmi
From:       Giulio Ferro <auryn () zirakzigil ! org>
Date:       2006-12-27 16:25:04

I'm trying to make geronimo work on freebsd. I've downloaded
the tar and unpackad it. The problem is when I try to launch
it, it aborts with this message:

java.io.IOException: Cannot bind to URL
[rmi://0.0.0.0:1099/JMXConnector]: javax.naming.CommunicationException
[Root exception is java.rmi.ConnectIOException: Exception creating
connection to: 0.0.0.0; nested exception is:
        java.net.SocketException: Invalid argument]

It seems that rmi has issues, can't bind to the address.

I've tried with the LAN ip, with 127.0.0.1, the hostname is listed
both on the dns and /etc/hosts (both short name and fqdn), but to
no avail.

Any ideas?