List:       freebsd-java
Subject:    Re: Specifying jdk for tomcat 4.1.18
From:       Sheldon Hearn <sheldonh () starjuice ! net>
Date:       2003-03-20 12:36:23

On (2003/03/19 23:12), Brent Verner wrote:

> I have begun to implement a daemonctl.c that uses a( set of xml)
> config file(s) to control its actions.

Why not simply modify the ctlers to honour the JAVA_HOME envar when
present, otherwise behave the same as on other platforms?

That way, you introduce a superset of the behaviour found on other
platforms that is orthogonal with both the traditional Unix environment
paradigm (envars override defaults) and also with the Java paradigm
(JAVA_HOME means something special).

Ciao,
Sheldon.