List:       freebsd-java
Subject:    Re: patchset 2 report (a love story)
From:       Brent Verner <brent () rcfile ! org>
Date:       2003-02-06 17:02:47

[2003-02-06 19:14] Greg Lewis said:
| On Wed, Feb 05, 2003 at 07:10:06AM -0500, Brent Verner wrote:
| >   I created a ports directory for the jdk14, and was wondering if
| > it would be possible to distribute patchset 2 in .zip format, so
| > USE_ZIP could be set in the Makefile to extract both the scsl-src
| > and patchset, instead of having to _manually_ extract one of them.
| > If I'm missing some feature of the ports system that would allow
| > automatic extraction of both, please throw that cluestick at me :-)
|
| I'll look into this.  It sounds like things are pretty positive so
| it may be that now is the time to create a port for jdk14 :).

FWIW, my latest round of changes to my experimental port Makefile
resulted in a successful installation on my 4.7-stable system :-)

  http://www.rcfile.org/~brent/jdk14/jdk14-bsd/

notable changes from the jdk1.3.1p7 port, on which this was based:
  1) updated MAKE_ENV
  2) defined WITHOUT_PLUGIN in Makefile
  3) removed references to non-existent 'images' target
  5) install to jdk-${VERION}-bsd
  4) changed name of port to 'jdk-${VERSION}-bsd-${PATCH_REV}'

problems:
  1) pkg-plist is still not updated.

cheers.

to share his music with anyone is a beautiful thing."  -- Duane Allman