List:       freebsd-java
Subject:    Re: JITs for FreeBSD (was Re: somewhat new to java questions)
From:       Amancio Hasty <hasty () rah ! star-gate ! com>
Date:       1999-02-22 7:45:24

The concepts of HotSpot are interesting however http://www.mozilla.org/projects
/ef
looks extremely interesting . The EF compiles down the Java classes to machine
instructions and then it executes the compiled classes 8)

There is a little work left to finish up the "port" of EF if anyone is
interested and you
know C++ as well gcc-2.8.1 very well send me a note.

Currently, I am having problems with the proper handling of C++ exceptions on
gcc-2.8.1,
the stock gcc fails to compile EF.

	Cheers,
	Amancio