List:       freebsd-java
From:       Robert Howard x601 <rhoward () kryten ! woc ! atinc ! com>
Date:       1998-09-28 18:25:54

I have been trying to install and run jdk1.1.6 under freebsd 2.2.6 for
about a month.  I have followed the installation instructions and read
throught the documentation, but I susspect I still have a setup or
environmental variable problem.  The behavior i am observing occurs when I
run either the appletviewer or attempt to run jave through Netscape 4.06.
In either case the prcess launches (and "ps" reports it to be running, but
nothing ever returns to the screen.  In the case of Netscape, it reports

I would appreciate any help or suggestions you might have.

Respectfully,

RJ Howard.

* Name:     Robert J. Howard               *
* Employer: Analysis & Technology, Inc.    *
* Phone:    (703)418-8601                  *
* FAX:      (703)418-8561                  *
* Email:    rhoward@kryten.woc.atinc.com   *
* Address:                                 *
*           Century Building, Suite 1250   *
*           2341 Jefferson Davis Higway    *
*           Arlington, VA 22202            *