List:       freebsd-jail
Subject:    kern/145444: [jail] sysinstall and sade can access host's disks
From:       delphij () FreeBSD ! org (delphij () FreeBSD ! org)
Date:       2010-04-07 0:57:40

Synopsis: [jail] sysinstall and sade can access host's disks from within a jail

State-Changed-From-To: open->feedback
State-Changed-By: delphij
State-Changed-When: Wed Apr 7 00:55:02 UTC 2010
State-Changed-Why:
Dear submitter,

By default, FreeBSD applies a devfs rule called "jail" if the jail
is being started with rc.d script /etc/rc.d/jail.  Could you, please
make sure that you are also using it this way?  This issue sounds
like a security vulnerability but I can not reproduce on my own
system, so maybe it's just a misconfiguration...

Thanks for brining this to our attention!

Responsible-Changed-From-To: freebsd-jail->secteam
Responsible-Changed-By: delphij
Responsible-Changed-When: Wed Apr 7 00:55:02 UTC 2010
Responsible-Changed-Why:
Take as secteam@.