List:       freebsd-isp
Subject:    Re: Re: leased line with pppd
From:       Victor Ivanov <v0rbiz () icon ! bg>
Date:       2001-05-23 8:58:53

On Wed, May 23, 2001 at 12:32:20PM +0400, Andrew Karjagin wrote:
> Yes, M-160 is a null modem and so I am using "local"
> parameter. M-160 doesn"t understand any AT commands and has
> no hardware control (nocrtscts). Speed I set to 115200.
>
> What does it mean from pppd.log about LCP ("LCP config-
> requiest timeout")?

I think LCP is in the beginning of ppp handshake.  This means
that pppd has not received any LCP packets.  There could be
something, but pppd doesn't understand it (like the garbage
when when the terminal baud rates differ).

Can you start pppd on the one side and see what comes on the
other with cu or something like that?

--
Players win and winners play
Have a lucky day