List:       freebsd-isp
Subject:    - monkey network!
From:       dave () fil ! net
Date:       2000-12-30 14:27:02

Odhiambo Washington wrote:
> You could ask this on freebsd-isp

Yeap, I guess I could have... EXCEPT...

1) The original post was on the questions list...
2) This "Island ISP" is smaller than many business networks in the USA
3) "Normal" ISP's likely do not dial into someone to back-up a mail server, whereas \
home users and business men would. 4) I have only been learning about FreeBSD for a \
year, meaning the questions people have answers in common terms and the ISP people \
speak a different language. 5) Cross posting is not advisable.
6) Some of the MOST KNOWLEDGABLE FreeBSD people are on the questions list, covering a \
very wide range of topics, and this is NOT standard ISP fair. 7) I had to choose one, \
and I did!

No offence, but I still believe in the FreeBSD people who LIKE TO HELP OTHERS.  \
Sending me to a list that will likely not provide me with any help for six of the \
above seven reasons, does me no good.  (Actually, I have searched and found other \
posts asking simalar questions about backing up routes to an email server! - NONE on \
the ISP list, ALL on the questions list!)

At your suggestion I will cross post this to the ISP list, who knows, maybe some nice \
person there has faced this with a client server.

Please, if ANYBODY has a suggestion that will help me find a solution for a FreeBSD \
problem, I am open to any answer.  But please do just tell me to go someplace else.  \
That doesn't seem fair.

Dave