List:       freebsd-isp
Subject:    Re: Typhoon?  (was: newsgroup server recommendation)
From:       Jeroen Ruigrok/Asmodai <asmodai () wxs ! nl>
Date:       2000-12-26 21:12:29

-On [20001219 06:26], Tom Samplonius (tom@sdf.com) wrote:

>  Has Highwind Software (now bCandid) dropped support for FreeBSD?  They
>make great news software (see www.highwind.com).  The used to have a beta
>of Typhoon for FreeBSD available for downnload, but no longer.  Various
>developers at @highwind.com also used to participate on the lists.

I recently had the pleasure of talking with them in Amsterdam and the
only way to get them to support FreeBSD again is to create a demand for
their products.

Personally I would switch over to Diablo.  We use diablo for our feeder
and will probably move to diablo for the reader.

--
Jeroen Ruigrok vd Werven/Asmodai    asmodai@[wxs.nl|bart.nl|freebsd.org]
Documentation nutter/C-rated Coder BSD: Technical excellence at its best