List:       freebsd-isp
Subject:    dhcp config questions
From:       Luke Cowell <systems () imag ! net>
Date:       2000-10-27 21:17:04

I have a freebsd 3.5 box running isc dhcpd 2.x; I'm wondering if someone
can answer a question about config. I have 2 relevant ethernet interfaces.
One is attached to our office LAN and the other is attached to a  5505,
with is attached to our adsl network. Basically, both interfaces need to
serve dhcp requests, but respond with static IPs. The problem is when we
take a computer from our office home and try to get renew IPs the only way
i can get to work is if i use a pool. What I'd like to do is have the dhcpd
server give out a different fixed address depending on the interface the
request comes in on.

Has anyone done this ? config examples ? am I'm making any sense  ?

Luke Cowell
Motionlink Internet
Senior Systems Administrator
http://www.imag.net