List:       freebsd-isp
Subject:    DNS
From:       "InvictaNet Customer Support" <support () invicta ! net>
Date:       2000-06-26 8:00:03

Hi

I know this is a perl question but I reckon that what the script does is
more important than which language was used.

Anyway.
So that our resellers can enter their own secondary dns entries onto our
secondary dns server, we have written a perl script that accepts parsed
input from a specific email address, then updates a named boot include file,
sends pass or fail emails to us and to the reseller and finally, runs ndc
reload.

However, we can't get the script to run as root (on FreeBSD 3.x). I have
tried suid on its own and by using a c wrapper as explained in the perl
docs. Neither works.

Does anyone else do a similar thing and if so how did you get round this
problem?

TIA
Martyn

InvictaNet - The Internet in Plain English, Guaranteed
http://www.invictanet.co.uk
mailto:info@invictanet.co.uk
phone: 0870 7402252
fax: +44 (0)1233 334001