List:       freebsd-isp
Subject:    Re: Needed, ISP Host with rsync & FreeBSD
From:       "Leif Neland" <leifn () neland ! dk>
Date:       2000-06-25 11:49:16

Just back from vacation:

I assume you have ftp-access to your remote site.

If you use "mirror", you have the option of instead of mirroring a remote
site to your site.
Here is an example:

package=debupdatesend
        site=mail.remote.dom
        local_dir=/huge/debian/dists/slink/main/upgrade-older-i386
        remote_dir=/home/xyz/update
        mail_to=xyz@local.dom
        remote_user=xyz
        remote_password=xyzpassword
        force_times=yes
        get_file=false  <---- THIS IS THE OPTION!!
        do_deletes=false
        file_mode=0644

A disadvantage of mirror instead of rsync is if you append to a file, rsync
can just transfer the appended part, while mirror resends the whole file.

Leif