List:       freebsd-isp
Subject:    RE: Tape Library 2
From:       mike () seidata ! com
Date:       1998-11-24 16:41:30

On Mon, 23 Nov 1998, Joey Miller wrote:

> It depends on your needs.  I just finished building the backup routine
> here, and the main stumbling block I ran into was tape speed and
> capacity.

You may want to check out www.exabyte.com/home/690d.html.  This
library supports up to "6.3 terabytes of data storage at 216 gigabytes
per hour."  There 210 library may also be suiteable, offering 400GB
capacity and 21.6GB throughput per hour.

> Almost all of my experience with autoloaders and DAT in general have
> been bad, btw.

A necessary evil, I suppose.  :)  I'm now leaning toward the 210...

Later,

	-mike