List:       freebsd-isp
Subject:    Re: Virtualizing FreeBSD...
From:       John Nielsen <lists () jnielsen ! net>
Date:       2013-10-01 21:57:41

Sorry to reply so late to the thread, but no one else seems to have mentioned it--

I've had very good luck running FreeBSD VM's under Linux's KVM with Qemu and libvirt. \
All components are open source but support is available from a number of vendors \
including Red Hat. HA and live migration between hosts are possible if using shared \
storage. FreeBSD's virtio drivers for storage and Ethernet perform quite well in this \
setup.