List:       freebsd-isp
Subject:    Could Dental Cavities be a Thing of the Past?
From:       "Dr. Julian H. Zhitnitsky" <drz () dentistsherwood ! com>
Date:       2009-01-15 12:20:28

Greetings from Dr. Julian H. Zhitnitsky!

Could Dental Cavities Be a Thing of the Past?

Dental cavities are a global epidemic. The World Health Organization estimates that \
among industrialized nations, 60 to 90 percent of school children and most adults \
have cavities. Here in the United States, dental caries, the disease which leads to \
cavities, is the most common childhood disease, nearly 5 times more common than \
asthma. Fortunately, the latest dental research shows help may be on the way.

Researchers at The Forsyth Institute have made significant advances in research to \
develop a vaccine against cavities. The research team has discovered key molecules \
that can stimulate a human immune response. What does all this mean? The vaccine may \
inhibit the enzyme that allows bacteria to accumulate on your teeth, making dental \
cavities a thing of the past (for the most part, anyway).

Because bacteria have already begun to accumulate on your teeth, chances are the \
vaccine would have little impact on your oral health. If children are vaccinated \
around the age of 1, however, it could give them cavity-free futures. At this age \
their immune systems are strong enough handle the vaccine, yet the probability that \
bacteria have begun to accumulate is low.

While the vaccine could reduce the number of cavities for future generations, it \
would not replace proper dental care, such as regular brushing, flossing and dental \
check-ups and cleanings.

If you'd like to learn more about proper dental care for you and your family, call \
our office at (818)785-8388 or email us at drz@dentistsherwood.com to schedule a \
consultation or demonstration! We're always glad to help.

Best Regards,
Dr. Julian H. Zhitnitsky

P.S. If you have any friends or family members who you feel could use our services, \
please don't hesitate to have them call us. We'll be sure to take good care of them. \