List:       freebsd-isp
Subject:    Re: FreeBSD 4.9 and perl LWP...
From:       Andy Dills <andy () xecu ! net>
Date:       2004-02-27 21:36:05

On Fri, 27 Feb 2004, Lewis Watson wrote:

> Hi folks,
> I have a client trying to run a perl script on our web server. FreeBSD 4.9
> w/ Apache 1.3.29/ modphp/ SSL.
>
> They are getting this error in the httpd errorlog ....
>
> Can't locate LWP/Simple.pm in @INC (@INC contains:
> /usr/local/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.005/i386-freebsd
> /usr/local/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.005
> /usr/local/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.005/i386-freebsd
> /usr/local/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.005 . /usr/libdata/perl/5.00503/mach
> /usr/libdata/perl/5.00503)
>
> All I could find by googling is that this perl module is generally
> supposed to be installed by default and there was another post where two
> people were troubleshooting Perl putting modules in wrong places..
>
> http://groups.google.com/groups?hl=en&lr=&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&safe=off&th=c30fb8d16921fc3b&rnum=7
>
> Can someone provide some insight on how to resolve this problem?

I see you solved your problem, but I'll offer you a bit of empowering
wisdom.

Perl doesn't ship with a ton of modules that are commonly used. However,
adding them can be super trivial.

For instance, you could have accomplished this entire task by doing:

perl -MCPAN -e shell

And in the shell:

install LWP

It's similar in concept to /usr/ports, except that it doesn't keep the
metadata on your filesystem.

Good luck,
Andy

---