List:       freebsd-isp
Subject:    FreeBSD 4.9 hangs when accessing NetApp NFS mounts.
From:       Stephen Fulton <sfulton-lists () esoteric ! ca>
Date:       2004-02-22 0:31:08

Hi all,

I'm having a problem with FreeBSD 4.9 accessing our NetApp.  It appears
that when FreeBSD accesses a large file (100MB for instance), it will read
part of it, then the program locks up.  Afterwards, anything that tries to
access any NFS drive locks.  Only a reboot will solve this.  I did some
Google'ing, and looked at the Handbook, and set the NFS drives read & write
to 1024, and this improved things slightly, but the problem remains.

Can anyone suggest something?

-- Steve