List:       freebsd-isp
Subject:    Re: Email/Web hosting file layout question
From:       Sematimba Noah Kevin <ksemat () wawa ! eahd ! or ! ug>
Date:       2002-02-28 11:47:54

> Just in case I wasn't clear, I'm after where you're keeping user/vhost
> mail/webpages.

In my case say I have a domain company.com for which I am doing web
hosting:

I will have company.com's document root set to /usr/www/company.com/html

I will have their cgi-bin set to /usr/www/company.com/cgi-bin

I use fully qualified domain names because it is easy for two domains to
have the same name but under a different TLD.

For e-mail I use postfix with mysql database for authentication and
MAILDIR type delivery. So all mail for say user1@company.com will go to

/var/mail/company.com/user/MailDir

May not be the best setup but it works for me.

Noah.