List:       freebsd-isp
Subject:    Re: Bridge/Firewall cluster?
From:       Tim Priebe <tim () ke ! uu ! net>
Date:       2001-12-19 18:34:50

The problem with this is it would duplicate packets. My solution to this
was to not use bridging, but to route through the firewall, using dynamic
routing. As long as everything in the DMZ can understand some routing
protocol you will be fine. The Cisco advertises default to the two
firewalls, and the firewalls redistribute learned and directly connected
routes. You can limit which hosts you learn routes from in your firewall
rules, depending on the protocol used.

Tim.