List:       freebsd-isdn
Subject:    Re: DoV support committed to -current
From:       Martin Husemann <martin () duskware ! de>
Date:       2002-08-11 18:12:30

> The only reason isdnd needs to get involved is
> where there are several services running on the same MSN, and isdnd needs
> (for an incoming call) to pick the right entry.

I think Andrew is right here.

What I would suggest is: isdnd compiles a list of L4 drivers according to it's
config file that would be allowed to handle the incoming call in question.
It hands this list to the kernel with the cdid of the yet unanswered call.

The kernel then queries each driver (ppp, tel, ...) in the list and asks if it
can handle the bearer capabilities (stored temporarily in the call descriptor).
The drivers answer with a priority, like "0 = can not handle this", and "1 =
could deal, if noone else is there" and the first greatest value wins.

Martin