List:       freebsd-ipfw
Subject:    Dummynet errors
From:       dmehta () WPI ! EDU
Date:       2005-03-25 16:03:16

Hi all,
I am trying to use Dummynet on a modified FreeBSD 4.8 kernel. I have
loaded Dummynet in to the kernel; and yes, I've confirmed this using
sysctl and dmesg. I can add pipes fine, but pipe config returns the
following error:

# ipfw list
65535 allow ip from any to any
# ipfw add pipe 1 ip from any to tc-le3
00100 pipe 1 ip from any to 172.18.1.103
# ipfw pipe 1 config delay 100ms
ipfw: setsockopt(IP_DUMMYNET_CONFIGURE): Invalid argument

Now I tried debugging this and the error is invoked in ip_dummynet.c here:
    case IP_DUMMYNET_CONFIGURE :
        p = &tmp_pipe ;
        error = sooptcopyin(sopt, p, sizeof *p, sizeof *p);
        if (error)
            break ;
        error = config_pipe(p);
        break ;

inside the sooptcopyin() call which returns an EINVAL.

Any ideas on what I should be doing? Thanks!

Devan