List:       freebsd-ipfw
Subject:    Re: "fwd" rule of IPFW freezes all IP traffic
From:       Bill Fumerola <billf () chimesnet ! com>
Date:       2000-09-27 13:43:24

On Wed, Sep 27, 2000 at 01:46:37PM +0300, Adrian Pavlykevych wrote:

> This is followup to my previous post about problems with "fwd" rule on
> FreeBSD 4-Stable.
>
> I'm trying to upgrade my _existing_ firewall, which uses IPFW and FWTK proxies in \
> transparent mode.
> I can confirm that following ruleset is working of FreeBSD 3.1 and doesn't work on \
> RELENG_4 as of Sep 21.

[...] ruleset deleted.

I'd encourage you to change all those rules from 'fwd' rules to
'count' rules and see how many of them get triggered. I often find that
helpful when trying to see what ipfw is doing.

--
Bill Fumerola - Network Architect, BOFH / Chimes, Inc.
                billf@chimesnet.com / billf@FreeBSD.org