List:       freebsd-ia64
Subject:    Re: 7.0R panic in nfs_readdirrpc()
From:       Hiroki Sato <hrs () freebsd ! org>
Date:       2008-07-27 1:29:15

Marcel Moolenaar <xcllnt@mac.com> wrote
  in <7DAAC9F7-0827-4D64-B700-F224BBE30849@mac.com>:

xc> > Yes, it was 7.0R/i386 (server)<->7.0R/ia64 (client), mounted over
xc> > TCP.  Doing "cvs co src" from the server triggered the panic.  I
xc> > tried NFS over UDP (default) and one over TCP, the former has no
xc> > problem under the same load.
xc>
xc> Similar to me:
xc> o   i386/7-STABLE server,
xc> o   ia64/8-CURRENT client (which at the time of 7-release was
xc>      therefore running 7-release).
xc> o   I switched from UDP to TCP when TCP became default.
xc>
xc> I guess if UDP vs TCP is the problem, then it must be fixed
xc> already because I don't see the misalignment panics. I just
xc> don't know when it was fixed...

 Hmm, I see.  I will try to gather more information on the cause.