List:       freebsd-hardware
Subject:    Fanless mobo: EPIA SP8000 vs. iGoLogic Celeron 800
From:       Chris Shenton <chris () shenton ! org>
Date:       2006-11-27 18:14:28

The mini-itx mobo in my fanless VIA EPIA 6000 flaked-out and I want to
replace it, ideally with something a bit faster, but recycling my DDR
RAM DIMM, case and other HW.  The two boards I can find that fit these
criteria are both 800MHz and about the same price:

VIA EPIA SP8000 $205

https://www.iboxpc.com/shopping/product.php?productid=200&cat=22&page=1

iGoLogic MBI3368G-iE Celeron $215

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16813202002

The iGo board has Gigabit ether which might be helpful as I'm running
this box diskless off my fileserver.

Any opinions? Or should I punt and get some new mobo with new RAM
formfactor for better performance?  Other suggestions?

Thanks.