List:       freebsd-hardware
Subject:    HP zv5000 notebook will not launch kernel off installation media
From:       Jonathan Feally <vulture () netvulture ! com>
Date:       2004-10-20 3:34:25

Has anyone gotten FreeBSD to run on a zv5000? I have the version with an
AMD 64 chip, and would like to dual boot. I've been a long time user of
FreeBSD, but never on a laptop. Currently it will start to boot off the
cd, load the kernel, and I can drop to the /boot/loader command prompt.
However once I run the command boot from there, the cursor spins a few
times, stops, and about 15 seconds later the machine powers off.

I have tried turning acpi off, even the full safe mode as /boot/loader
calls it, but all yeild the same result, spin cursor and power off.

Any Suggestions would be great!

Thanks Jonathan