List:       freebsd-hackers
Subject:    AMD PM driver finally there!
From:       "Matthew C. Forman" <mcf () forman ! homeip ! net>
Date:       2000-12-30 19:54:41

OK, I've finally got there with the AMD pm/smbus driver. It's now newbus,
though this was quite a weird experience. In the end, I found that my BIOS
wasn't giving out any I/O resource information for the AMD 756's power
management function, hence bus_alloc_resource failed. A bus_set_resource
fixed this.

So... I'd like it committed, though I don't really know how this
process works. The diffs are all available at:

http://www.3d-med.cse.dmu.ac.uk/~mcf/amdpm.tar.gz

...if anyone can do the Right Thing with it.

Thanks,
Matt.