List:       freebsd-hackers
Subject:    linux_ioctl_disk problems..
From:       Chris <ccsanady () iastate ! edu>
Date:       2000-12-30 4:38:26

While trying to get the linux mke2fs to create linux filesystems on
slices,
I have come across a problem with one of the disk ioctls.  I am having
trouble tracking it down further, but I think I am close.

After creating a partition table, I am attempting to execute:

	mke2fs /dev/ad0s1

Sometimes, it works, and creates the file system, and other times it
fails.
If I create the filesystem on /dev/ad0, it always seems to work.  It is
quite
odd.  Anyways, the problem is, that sometimes this ioctl fails:

linux_open("/dev/ad0s1",0,00)                    = 3 (0x3)
linux_ioctl(0x3,0x1260,0xbfbff9cc)               ERR#22 'Invalid
argument'

Which is the LINUX_BLKGETSIZE case in linux_ioctl.c:113 on 4.2-STABLE.
Needless to say, accessing the device with the wrong block size then
makes
things more unhappy, as indicated by a bunch of dscheck messages:

dscheck(#ad/0x20002): b_bcount 1 is not on a sector boundary (ssize 512)

Any ideas?

Chris