List:       freebsd-hackers
Subject:    Allocating I/O port space
From:       "Matthew C. Forman" <mcf () forman ! homeip ! net>
Date:       2000-12-29 12:26:53

Hi again all,

Well, despite the reception I'm still here, desperately trying to allocate
an I/O port range! Still can't get bus_alloc_resource to work, despite
doing everything by the book. I have a question. My kernel prints this:

amdpm0: <AMD 756 Power Management Controller> at device 7.3 on pci0

...before amdpm_attach complains it can't map any I/O space. Where
does the resource info printed here come from? Does the fact
that nothing is printed about ports mean that as far as the system is
concerned, it doesn't have any? Is this why bus_alloc_resource
fails? Sorry if the answers seem obvious, but I'm learning, so please be
patient!

If all this is the case, then how could I allocate the I/O space I need?

Matt