List:       freebsd-hackers
Subject:    Re: Onboard Intel NIC
From:       Dennis <dennis () etinc ! com>
Date:       2000-03-29 19:34:53

At 04:26 PM 3/29/00 +0100, Paul Robinson wrote:
>On Wed, 29 Mar 2000, Dennis wrote:
>
>> So, it is clear that you too are not paying attention, yet you seem to have
>> an opinion regarding things that  you also know little about. Dont browbeat
>> me for putting down some dope who doesnt know what hes talking about who
>> feels compelled to voice an opinion based on ignorance.
>>
>> What is really funny is that, as usual, all of the people who feel
>> compelled to make comments about me are not experiencing the problem....its
>> real easy to pick on someone when the issue doenst effect you.
>
>So, let me get this right, it's OK for you to be abusive to somebody who
>has a problem, but the rest of us have to keep quiet. Quite a hypocrite
>really, aren't you?

No, I never "abused" anyone personally until they abused me. Its called
"self defense" in free countries.

The thread started:

dennis> has the PHY problem in the fxp driver been fixed yet? if so is
where can i get it?
wes peters> why dont you just get it yourself - then called me lazy and
incompetent
DG> no, i havent fixed it yet, I've been sick
dennis> ok, thanks, Thats all I wanted, if I listened to peters I would
have wasted all that time on a wild goose chase

--- flamed by many

Im sorry that lots of folks like to make comments about subjects that dont
involve them, but thats part of the public experience. I just wanted to
know if the stupid driver was fixed yet.

DB