List:       freebsd-hackers
Subject:    Re: How about Changing fdisk/disklabel before 4.0-release
From:       Garance A Drosihn <drosih () rpi ! edu>
Date:       2000-02-28 23:13:12

At 2:09 PM -0700 2/28/00, Warner Losh wrote:
>Garance A Drosihn writes:
>: If the '-e' parameter is only in 4.0, then I would definitely prefer
>: to see it changed (one way or another) before 4.0 is released. Either
>: change it to be '-I', or change it to be more of the "edit" function
>: that openbsd has.
>
>I have a partial port of the OpenBSD fdisk -e and disklabel -E to
>FreeBSD, but it needs to know more about FreeBSD things and there's
>been some bitrot since I started this, so I don't know if my partial
>port would even compile.

Sounds like the best approach for 4.0 would be to change the current
option to -I (or some other out-of-the-way (uppercase) letter), and
shoot for including -e in the next release.

(March 10th is still the target for 4.0-release, right?  I assume
that is probably too little time to try to get '-e' finished)

---
Garance Alistair Drosehn           =   gad@eclipse.acs.rpi.edu
Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute