List:       freebsd-hackers
Subject:    Re: Annoying nfsrcv hangs
From:       Matthew Dillon <dillon () apollo ! backplane ! com>
Date:       2000-02-28 9:02:48

:>     did not.  In general, NFS fixes for the -stable branch have been kept
:>     up to date with the work in -current, but -current ought to have much
:>     better NFS performance then stable.
:
:Performance = transfer rates and latency?  Or just generalized stability?
:I haven't had the time to watch -CURRENT all that closely, but I'll be
:happy when some of the new functionality becomes -STABLE.
:
:Thanks for the reply,
:- Ryan

    There were a few bugs that we couldn't fix in stable, mainly related
    to localhost NFS mounts and garbage showing up past EOF when mmap()ing
    a file over NFS.  Normal use of NFS will not hit the bugs.  -Current
    fixes those bugs plus adds some major performance optimizations.

    I'd stick with 3.x for the moment.  Move to 4.x after 4.1 is released.

					-Matt
					Matthew Dillon
					<dillon@backplane.com>

:--
:  Ryan Thompson <ryan@sasknow.com>
:  Systems Administrator, Accounts
:  Phone: +1 (306) 664-1161
:
:  SaskNow Technologies     http://www.sasknow.com
:  #106-380 3120 8th St E   Saskatoon, SK  S7H 0W2
:
:
:
:with "unsubscribe freebsd-hackers" in the body of the message
: