List:       freebsd-hackers
Subject:    Re: No MAXUID ?
From:       Nick Hibma <hibma () skylink ! it>
Date:       1999-07-31 22:56:10

> > 	I'd be in favor of adding a /etc/pwd_mkdb.conf or some similar
> > file.
> While warnings and error messages should give me enough information
> to address a problem efficiently (something on the wishlist of any
> Wintendo administrator), once I know there is more than zero potentially
> problematic entries, I can used cat, awk and sh to find all the culprits
> if I want to.

What we are looking at is a warning for potential problems with legacy
tools. Yet another configuration file is not going to make our life any
easier. What Sheldon proposed was to get rid of n-1 messages out of n.

Maybe there is a good reason to have a config file, but this does not
sound like one.

Nick

--
e-Mail: hibma@skylink.it